Futuretheory is looking for a Website Developer to work in our Canberra office, reporting directly to the Director. The responsibilities for this role will include all stages of website development, from setting up a hosting account, to installing and configuring WordPress, developing a custom theme based on our Adobe XD designs, setting up custom components of the site, launching the website and of course, longer term maintenance and support for our new and existing clients.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of relevant experience with demonstrable results, a keen eye for detail and a passion for helping Futuretheory and our clients grow.
- Develop WordPress child themes based on supplied website design
- Write efficient, clean, low maintenance PHP code and functions
- Utilise WordPress functions, hooks and filters to achieve desired layout/functionality
- Setup/manage WordPress sites on cPanel hosting
- Configure user friendly WordPress backend
- Add functionality to existing WordPress sites
- Troubleshoot website issues
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications to export assets for website development
- Communicate with non-technical designers, team members, clients and other stakeholders
Nice to have
- Interact/integrate with APIs to develop custom solutions with WordPress
- Experience configuring and managing DNS
- Experience with UI/UX and website design
How to apply
Please apply with a cover letter and CV by emailing Germaine Muller at email@example.com
We expect to close applications by 23 October 2022, however, we encourage all applicants to apply as soon as possible as we may organise interviews with applicants prior to the deadline.
Note: successful candidates will be asked to participate in a short coding test.